Teen Wise organizes many interactive workshops, presentations, and online events throughout the year. Can’t find what you need? Let me know. We can work together to bring something to your neighborhood!
SOCIAL MEDIA & CELLPHONES 6th-8th grade (public)
February 24 @ 11:00 am - 12:30 pm$24.99
Middle school is a time when kids are getting cellphones and jumping onto social media. In this workshop, we’ll have a guided discussion about the positive and negative aspects of social media. They’ll discover the importance of balancing screentime & realtime. And they’ll learn important boundaries when interacting with people online.
Specifically, your child will learn about:
- Online identities
- Personal information boundaries
- Positive effects of social media
- Negative effects of social media
- Balancing online life versus real life
- Posting kindly
- Reporting to parents or other adults